[Mauiusers] Torque and Maui problem with max file size (qsub -l file=size)

Dusan Djurdjevic duxxx001 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 05:38:13 MST 2005

When I try to limit maximal file size created by simulation, I
run into problem where maui do not want to start the job at all
if size is larger than 2 MB approx. (integer size I suppose).

If I try "qsub -I -l file=10mb" it will wait as Idle forever,
but specifying file=1mb works properly.

This problem doesn't appear when pbs_sched is used (part of
torque).
I tried searching around for a quick fix, and tried option
NODECFG[DEFAULT]  RADISK=10GB, specified here (just few years
ago), but that doesn't work as well. Also, running "checknode",
gives me result that HDD on the node is only 1MB.

Can someone point me to the right direction.

Torque: 1.2.0p0
Maui: 3.2.6p11
System: Dual athlon-mp, Gentoo Linux

Regards,