[Mauiusers] Could maui ignore the ppn in qsub

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Fri Feb 11 03:22:32 MST 2005

Ake wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 08:56:23AM +0100, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
>
>>Not for me:
>>  Here is the example:
>>	qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=2 -lwalltime=1:00:00 (1507)
>>        qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=1 -lwalltime=1:00:00 (1508)
>>
>>showq -b:
>>  1507 bas violates active HARD MAXPS limit of 7200 for user bas
>>           (R: 7200, U: 13424)
>>  1508 bas violates active HARD MAXPS limit of 7200 for user bas
>>           (R: 3600, U: 13424)
>>
>>As you can see for job 150 the requested time is not the same as for job
>>1508. It does definitly something with the ppn factor. It this an bug?
>

> No its not a bug. They are not strictly related to each other.
>
> MAXPS is Max Process Seconds and SHOULD be ppn dependant.
> This is a limit on how fat (fat = #procs x requested time) jobs you are
> allowed to run.
>
> 1507 is requesting twice the amount of resources that 1508 is.

I know a put the question wrong, but when job 1508 is run it will aquire
the whole node and the MAXPS will be recalculated to 7200, because the
user has the whole node with 2 processors in it.  Now the user has also
reach the MAXPS limit as maui concerns. That is why i asked can we add
an CONFIG that MAXPS will skip the multiplication factor. Maybe MAXPS
can see if SINGLEJOB is set, we forgot about the ppn factor for the
calculation of requested time.

		Regards