[Mauiusers] Could maui ignore the ppn in qsub

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:04:54 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 06:30:48PM +0100, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> Can we introduce a CONFIG parameter that ignores the ppn parameter for
> torque/openpbs. So that:
> 	qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=2  -lwalltime=10:00:00 (example 1)
>         qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=1  -lwalltime=10:00:00 (example 2)
> Will both result in an request time for 10 hours and not for:
>   example 1 : 20 hours
>   example 2 : 10 hours
> With 'qstat -a' the requested time for both jobs are the same. But Maui
> does an multiplication ( nodes * ppn * walltime )

Ok, after reading your email again more closely, I realize I jumped the
gun with my previous reply.  As far as I know, walltime should always be
considered independant of the number of CPUs requested.  Atleast, that's
how I would expect it to behave and that is indeed how it has always
behaved for me.  For all I know, multiplying the walltime by the number of
processors specified should _not_ be the default, and that has been my

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu