[Mauiusers] Could maui ignore the ppn in qsub

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:04:54 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 06:30:48PM +0100, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> Can we introduce a CONFIG parameter that ignores the ppn parameter for
> torque/openpbs. So that:
> 	qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=2  -lwalltime=10:00:00 (example 1)
>         qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=1  -lwalltime=10:00:00 (example 2)
>
> Will both result in an request time for 10 hours and not for:
>   example 1 : 20 hours
>   example 2 : 10 hours
>
> With 'qstat -a' the requested time for both jobs are the same. But Maui
> does an multiplication ( nodes * ppn * walltime )

Ok, after reading your email again more closely, I realize I jumped the
gun with my previous reply.  As far as I know, walltime should always be
considered independant of the number of CPUs requested.  Atleast, that's
how I would expect it to behave and that is indeed how it has always
behaved for me.  For all I know, multiplying the walltime by the number of
processors specified should _not_ be the default, and that has been my
experience.

Gabe
Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu