[Mauiusers] Could maui ignore the ppn in qsub

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Thu Feb 10 11:00:42 MST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 06:30:48PM +0100, Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> Can we introduce a CONFIG parameter that ignores the ppn parameter for
> torque/openpbs. So that:
> 	qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=2  -lwalltime=10:00:00 (example 1)
>         qsub -I -lnodes=1:ppn=1  -lwalltime=10:00:00 (example 2)
> Will both result in an request time for 10 hours and not for:
>   example 1 : 20 hours
>   example 2 : 10 hours
> With 'qstat -a' the requested time for both jobs are the same. But Maui
> does an multiplication ( nodes * ppn * walltime )

Although I haven't looked closely at the documentation, the most recent
Maui/Moab newsletter outlined a new 'maleable jobs' feature in Moab that
may do what you want.  I guess someone from Cluster Resources would have to
comment on if that will some day be rolled into Maui (or if it even
supports maleable walltime).

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu