[Mauiusers] Reservaion not revoked when job is finished

Wightman wightman at clusterresources.com
Thu Feb 10 08:48:16 MST 2005

I'm not exactly sure how things work with SLURM but with pbs job
completion can sometimes be a tricky thing.  If Maui loses communication
with pbs and a job completes during that time, sometimes maui cannot be
sure exactly what happened to the job and if it will come back.

When maui does know a job has completed it will call the MJobDestroy()
routine.  One of the first things that happens inside that routine is
this (in MJob.c):

  /* release job reservations */

  if (J->R != NULL)
    {
    MResDestroy(&J->R);
    }

which destroys the reservation.  If I were you I would either gdb maui
to figure out what happens at this point in the code on your system, or
look through the log files (at least a log level of 7) to see if
MJobDestroy() is ever called.

- Douglas
Cluster Resources, INC.