[Mauiusers] MAXPS and SMP nodes that only allow single jobs

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Fri Feb 4 04:35:43 MST 2005

Our setup is:
  * 1 node with 2 procs
  * only one job can run on a node, NODEACCESSPOLICY SINGLEJOB
  * The number of jobs that an user can run can not access the MAXPS
    limit, eg: MAXPS=7200

Now we have the follwoing problem:
   1) qsub -I -lnodes3 -lwalltime=30:00 ( runs)
   2) qsub -I -lnodes=3:ppn=2 -lwalltime=30:00 ( does not run)

Job 2 is blocked because it exceeds the MAXPS factor. Maui will
calculate it has (3 * 2 * 1800) > 7200.

If job 2 does not run then job 1 must also be blocked because we have
specified that only one job can run on 1 node. So it will allocate the 3
nodes for 30:00 minutes but the nodes have two procs. That the user only
will run on 1 is his decission.

My question is this an bug or the intended behaviour?

	Regards