[Mauiusers] Re: [torqueusers] Maui?torque problems with NodeSet (solved)

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Thu Feb 3 07:03:00 MST 2005

Bas van der Vlies wrote:
> Dave Jackson wrote:
>  > Bas,
>  >
>  >   The problem you were seeing stemmed from the fact that Maui's NodeSet
>  > feature only enforced task based job constraints.  It was correctly
>  > finding enough tasks, but not enough nodes to run the job.  We have made
>  > some extensions to the NodeSet algorithm which should allow it to
>  > enforce both node and task based requirements.  This is available in the
>  > latest snapshot release.  We will continue to test this release
>  > internally but please let us know if this resolves your issue.
>  >

Dave,

  I found the bug in maui snapshot 11 you send to me. It is in the
function: int MJobSelectResourceSet()

In the function the value of NodesRequired is always 0:
    NodesRequired = J->Request.NC;

must be:
    RQ = J->Req[0];
    NodesRequired = RQ->NodeCount;

I can sent you the patchess. Is there an tool to generate the patches.
I have also made some patches for showq.

	Regards