[Mauiusers] Jobs ignore "BYNAME" advance reservation flag

Jörg Meltzer meltzer at zib.de
Wed Feb 2 02:23:27 MST 2005

I have maui client version 3.2.6p9.
I want to exclusively reserv resources for Jobs that have an "ADVRES" flag.
My problem is that jobs without an ADVRES flag can steal the reserved
resources.
At first I set the reservation. All nodes in the testcluster are reserved.

$ setres -u myid -x "BYNAME" -n j -s +0 -d 600 -r PROCS=1 TASKS==2
  reservation 'j.0' created on 2 nodes (2 tasks)

Now I qsub two jobs without an ADVRES flag and they start running.
#!/bin/bash
#PBS -l walltime=10:00
sleep 160

When I later submit jobs with a reservation binding, they are unable to
start within the reservation window,
because the resources are used by these two jobs without a reservation
binding.

How to configure maui to make the job-reservation bindings work?

maui.cfg
  SERVERHOST            cluster1
  ADMIN1                root
  RMCFG[CLUSTER1] TYPE=PBS