[Mauiusers] Re: Plea for showq change to not show blocked jobs by default (or at least set by compile time option)

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Tue Dec 20 16:47:13 MST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 19:43, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:

> On 2005-12-19, Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:
>
> > Umm, because blocked jobs are marked as "Idle" and not "BLOCKED", for
> > examp= le:
>
> Is this a special versin of maui/showq you're running ? My maui client
> version 3.2.6p13 has different headings than yours:

We're running a snapshot for Moab 4.5, I just copied it to the Maui users list
as sometimes emails to the Moabusers list seem to get overlooked.

> and if I pipe this trough my sed example command, everything from the
> line starting with ^BLOCKED JOBS----------------" is deleted. Was that
> what you tried to achieve ?

I misinterpreted your sed, when I skimmed it I thought you were just removing
jobs marked as blocked, rather than dropping everything after the heading for
blocked jobs.

If I rolled that into a script which, if the user hadn't supplied any
arguments, trimmed everything from (and including) the header for blocked
jobs down to (but not including) the number of blocked jobs then it would be
perfect.

Fortunately all those jobs have churned through the cluster now, but I'd still
like to fix this before it happens again!

I'm tied up with trying to get a new commercial package going at the moment so
it'll have to wait until that's out of the way.

cheers,
Chris