[Mauiusers] Re: Plea for showq change to not show blocked jobs by default (or at least set by compile time option)

Jan-Frode Myklebust mykleb at no.ibm.com
Tue Dec 20 01:43:09 MST 2005

On 2005-12-19, Chris Samuel <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

> Umm, because blocked jobs are marked as "Idle" and not "BLOCKED", for examp=
> le:

Is this a special versin of maui/showq you're running ? My maui client version
3.2.6p13 has different headings than yours:

[root at node01 ~]# /usr/local/maui/bin/showq
ACTIVE JOBS--------------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC   REMAINING            STARTTIME

     0 Active Jobs       0 of    0 Processors Active (0.00%)

JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT            QUEUETIME

0 Idle Jobs

BLOCKED JOBS----------------
JOBNAME            USERNAME      STATE  PROC     WCLIMIT            QUEUETIME

node01.1150.0       usrname  BatchHold   472     5:30:00  Tue Dec 13 11:25:11

and if I pipe this trough my sed example command, everything from the
line starting with ^BLOCKED JOBS----------------" is deleted. Was that
what you tried to achieve ?

  -jf