[Mauiusers] Jobs apparently stuck in deffered state.

Chris Johnson johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 6 08:06:53 MST 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Chris Johnson wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Michael Edwards wrote:
>
>> Is NODEACCESSPOLICY SINGLEJOB what you are looking for?
>>

>     Tried that.  But some of these nodes are multi-processors and
> that would then not use the second processor at all.  I want them all
> used but according to node_pack=fales rules.

      Hm, interesting.  Old data.  It seems to be allocating ther
processors properly now in th sense that they are all used.  Wasn't
last time I tried it.

      More information.  When two jobs are scheduled for the same
processor, they both get set to DEFFERED state.  And jobs are being
scheduled for the same processor if qstat -n is to be belived.

      This is very cxonfusing.

Chris Johnson               |Internet: johnson at nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Systems Administrator       |Web:      http://www.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/~johnson
NMR Center                  |Voice:    617.726.0949
Mass. General Hospital      |FAX:      617.726.7422
149 (2301) 13th Street      |Life  n, a disease with 100% mortality.
Charlestown, MA., 02129 USA |    Me