[Mauiusers] Efficiency in showq -r

David B Jackson jacksond at clusterresources.com
Wed Aug 17 10:23:02 MDT 2005

McGregor,

  The efficiency output reported by 'showq -r' should be based on Maui
utilized processor resources divided by Maui dedicated processor
resources.  In PBS/TORQUE based systems, per job utilized processor
information may be extracted either from allocated node utilization or
from job cputime.  In this case, it is probably being calculated based
on node utilization reported and this value appears to be somewhat out
of sync with the job's cputime.

  I agree that if available, a job's reported cpu time consumption should
be the default source and we will make that change.  Further, I agree
that a rolling '5 minute average' style job efficiency would be valuable
in both isolating failures and identifying workload usage patterns.  We
will look into making this change as well.  Thanks for the suggestions!

Dave