[Mauiusers] Overloading a node in a standing reservation ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Aug 10 21:28:27 MDT 2005

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:41 am, Gabe Turner wrote:

> Use changeparam to set MAXPROC on that node to 8:
>
> changeparam NODECFG[edda034] MACPROC=8

Mea culpa for posting from home with an out of date version of the config
file, the actual standing reservation is:

SRCFG[sque] STARTTIME=08:00:00 ENDTIME=20:00:00
SRCFG[sque] PERIOD=DAY DAYS=MON,TUE,WED,THU,FRI
SRCFG[sque] PROCLIMIT<=4 DEPTH=30
SRCFG[sque] TASKCOUNT=1 FLAGS=SPACEFLEX,DEDICATEDRESOURCE
SRCFG[sque] MAXTIME=00:15:00*
SRCFG[sque] ACCESS=DEDICATEDRESOURCE

So it's a floating reservation that can move between nodes (at any point)
which kind of messes up your neat cron idea. :-(

Also, I'd much rather have Moab know that this change was coming and not be
thinking that it might be able to make use of those 8 CPUs outside of the
reservation.

cheers!
Chris