[Mauiusers] Urgent jobs

Torsten Wolf t.wolf at tu-bs.de
Tue Apr 5 15:48:49 MDT 2005

After even other applications crashed randomly, I have gained a little
more insight into this issue. The program crashing first checks for cpu
time limits via getrlimit(). So I entered ulimit -t as a normal user and
got 'unlimited'. But an ulimit -a in the job file gives almost randomly
the values 600, 28800 or 1209600. And these values match perfectly well
with the values shown by the crashing programs. So I edited ~/.profile,
checked for the PBS_ENVIRONMENT and tried to increase the limits. I also
edited /etc/profile.d/limits.sh and /etc/security/limits. Also a
prologue script would not work. Pushing beyond the hard limit(wherever
this is initially set) will almost certainly drive me crazy tonight. And
why does this problem arise when using maui?

Cheers,
Torsten