[Mauiusers] Urgent jobs

Torsten Wolf t.wolf at tu-bs.de
Tue Apr 5 12:07:56 MDT 2005

On Di, 05 Apr 2005, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

>Although sounds straightforward, it would be beneficial for the others
>if  you  accompany your email with maui.cfg (may be pbs.conf as
>well)? :-)

These will follow as soon as I have solved this ugly issue that just
arose: one of the jobs stops after a slightly varying number of
iterations, complaining about not enough cpu time left (for file
transfers). At the moment I have absolutely no idea what happens here.
Initiated by mpirun the job runs fine; the same for the former pure pbs
setup. In conjunction with pbs and maui the job will only run, if the
check for cputime is disabled in the program. A rather nasty workaround.
I will have a deeper look at the code to understand which 'lack' of
resources leads to the termination within the job and then find out what
restricts the job in this aspect/resource.

BTW, favouring multiple cpu jobs I switched CPULOAD off for now; else
1cpu-jobs would occupy idle nodes leaving only one cpu left on several
nodes. Did I say, this setup still needs some basic improvement? *sigh*