[Mauiusers] Urgent jobs

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon Apr 4 17:40:39 MDT 2005

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 02:12 am, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

> So if memory is not an issue (ie you don't have to free up memory used
> by long processes for next short jobs to work), then simple preemption
> via Suspend should be fine... I've beeng thinking to set it up for our
> cluster for a while, so I could run some dummy jobs (like dnetc) in
> spare time :)

Hmm, I know our compatriots in South Australia as well as a friend in Canada
tried to get suspend/resume going with Maui with no luck and no response from
pleas for help from the Maui list, so you could find it tough going.

I wouldn't mind trying suspend/resume for single-cpu jobs only, but I can't
see if that's possible to do.

cheers,
Chris