[Mauiusers] Moab and Ganglia integration

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Oct 21 00:41:42 MDT 2004

Hi folks,

I've turned on Ganglia in our Moab installation and it seems to work quite
nicely, it gives us real stats for disk usage finally, as well as spotting
that three nodes which had recently had motherboards swapped out had not had
HyperThreading turned off and consequently were reporting 4 cpus's versus
PBS's config of 2!

Two questions though:

1) Is it possible to confine Moab to only take notice of those nodes that are
found through both the PBS and Ganglia RM's ?

Our Ganglia information includes head, storage and management nodes which we'd
prefer Moab to ignore.

2) Moab is complaining about not being able to get the workload's through
Ganglia, diagnose -R says:

RM[ganglia]  type: 'NATIVE'  state: 'Active'
  Cluster Query URL: 'ganglia://'
  Flags: 'typeIsExplicit'
  P[0]: Host: ''  Port: 8649
  Event Management:  (event interface disabled)
  RM Performance:  Avg Time: 0.92s  Max Time:  3.13s  (502 samples)

RM[ganglia] Failures:
  Thu Oct 21 16:30:27  workloadquery    'cannot get workload info' (251 of 251
failed)  (etc etc)

Is this something that is expected to be injected into Ganglia through
Gmetric, or are we too far behind with our version of Ganglia (2.5.4) ?

cheers!
Chris