[Mauiusers] resources_default.neednodes = hsn and maui not working

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Thu Nov 11 11:03:20 MST 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 05:07:12PM +0100, Bas van der Vlies alleged:
> Garrick Staples wrote:

> >>I have just read the archives and i want this feature. I have downloaded
> >>the latest 3.2.6p10 snapshot date 04-Oct-2004. I can not download
> >>maui-3.2.6p10 from the main page. There is no changelog in the
> >>directory. So i do not know if your change is applied.
> >>
> >>I want to tie nodes to an queue with the node property and that maui
> >>honours that. Is this what your patch does? If yes can i get your patch?
> >

> >The maui people fixed this feature, not me.  It should work fine with an
> >Oct
> >snapshot.
> >

> Thanks. Did i something wrong. I configured in torque:
> reate queue topspin
>    set queue topspin queue_type = Execution
>    set queue topspin acl_host_enable = False
>    set queue topspin acl_user_enable = True
>    set queue topspin acl_users = bas
>    set queue topspin acl_users += bert
>    set queue topspin acl_users += jaap
>    set queue topspin acl_users += ramon
>    set queue topspin acl_users += walter
>    set queue topspin acl_users += willem
>    set queue topspin resources_max.nodect = 128
>    set queue topspin resources_max.nodes = 128
>    set queue topspin resources_max.walltime = 168:00:00
>
>    set queue topspin resources_default.neednodes = topspin
>    set queue topspin resources_default.nodect = 1
>    set queue topspin resources_default.nodes = 1
>
>    set queue topspin resources_default.walltime = 00:01:00
>    set queue topspin enabled = True
>    set queue topspin started = True
>
> Did i forgot an option in maui.cfg?

I don't think resources_max.nodes does anything useful since "nodes" is
interpreted as string, not a number.  But nodect will do the right thing.

I assume you have nodes listed in your server_priv with the "topspin"
attribute?

Try adding "CLASSCFG[topspin]" to your maui.cfg and restart maui.  It seems to
be required.

University of Southern California