[Mauiusers] Maui?torque problems with NodeSet

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Thu Dec 23 10:25:37 MST 2004

We have 256 node cluster and 4 switches with 64 nodes connected to it.
In our nodes file of torque:
  gb-r1n1 np=2 switchA
  gb-r4n7 np=2 switchB

  gb-r4n8 np=2 switchB
  gb-r7n14 np=2 switchB

--- Maui config ---

NODESETPOLICY           ONEOF
NODESETATTRIBUTE        FEATURE
NODESETDELAY            10
NODESETLIST             switchA switchB switchC switchD

-------------------

I only want to run jobs that are restricted to nodes that belong to one
switch (therefore NODESETDELAY ).

When i run an job with: qsub -I -lnodes=40
  It is scheduled to switchD

Now i start another qsub -I -lnodes=40:
    scheduled to switchC

The third one waits for ever and ever. If one of the first two jobs is
completed then this jobs run. I expected that it would run on switchA or
switchB. Is this an bug?

I can acomplish it with the following command:
	qsub -I -lnodes=40:switchA

Can this also be done automatically?

		Regards

torque 1.1.0p4