[Mauiusers] Persistent reservations with setres

Gabe Turner gabe at msi.umn.edu
Tue Dec 14 09:16:50 MST 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 06:03:20PM -0700, Jerry Smith wrote:
> Hello all, Thanks for the help in advance
>
> Currently running maui 3.2.6p9
>
> Prior to this upgrade (from p4)  we were able to setres -u .... and
> create a reservation on a node or a set of nodes.  Then stopping and
> restarting maui, we were able to see the reservation still there.
>

> Currently if I create a reservation with setres and stop and restart
> maui (with either a killproc maui, or schedctl -k, or kill -9 maui_PID)
> when maui comes back up the reservation is gone.  We utilized this
> feature heavily prior to this as a way to make sure nodes with
> hardware/software problems, were not accidentally re-assigned via Torque.

I can confirm this behavior.  We've had a lot of clusters and labs running
Maui.  As I encounter this bug, I upgrade them to Moab.  Moab seems to have
far fewer bugs w/r/t to features that we use.

Gabe

Gabe Turner                                             gabe at msi.umn.edu
UNIX Systems Administrator,
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
 for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation         www.msi.umn.edu