[Mauiusers] Persistent reservations with setres

Jerry Smith jdsmit at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 13 18:03:20 MST 2004

Hello all, Thanks for the help in advance

Currently running maui 3.2.6p9

Prior to this upgrade (from p4)  we were able to setres -u .... and
create a reservation on a node or a set of nodes.  Then stopping and
restarting maui, we were able to see the reservation still there.

Currently if I create a reservation with setres and stop and restart
maui (with either a killproc maui, or schedctl -k, or kill -9 maui_PID)
when maui comes back up the reservation is gone.  We utilized this
feature heavily prior to this as a way to make sure nodes with
hardware/software problems, were not accidentally re-assigned via Torque.

Thanks Again

Jerry Smith
Sandia National Laboratories
jdsmit at sandia,gov