[Mauiusers] Re: [torqueusers] Node affinity misbehaving.

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Dec 3 16:50:23 MST 2004

I suspect I picked up that info back in the 3.2.5 days and haven't tested in a
long time.

I want to test with the latest torque and maui snapshots but the website hasn't
been responding for awhile today.

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 04:45:52PM -0700, Hyrum Carroll alleged:
> Garrick,
> Maui should automatically detect queues from PBS.  Hence, the
> CLASSCFG[classname] should not be needed in the config file.  I tested
> this with the latest maui (3.2.6p11) and torque (1.1.0p5) by making a
> simple cluster with 2 queues, each specifying a different node.  Maui
> detected each queue (class).  If you are seeing different results,
> please let us know.
>
> Hyrum Carroll
> Cluster Resources, Inc.
>
> On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 11:26, Garrick Staples wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 12:35:53PM +0000, Steve Traylen alleged:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  I have the  simple case of having particular queues should only use
> > >  particular nodes.
> > >
> > >  But I have a jobs that are going to wrong place...
> >
> > This isn't a feature of Torque, it's a feature of Maui.  Are you using maui?
> > If so, there's one little thing to add to maui.cfg to use this feature...
> >
> > CLASSCFG[classname]
> >
> > where "classname" is the name of the queue in torque.

University of Southern California