[Mauiusers] Maui double dipping to the AM

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Sat Aug 28 11:10:47 MDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 04:30:39PM -0700, Garrick Staples alleged:
> maui-3.2.6-p6.1079990700
> torque-1.0.1-0.p6
> qbank-2.11.0
>
> It seems that Maui is overcharging some users.  I haven't figured out the
>
> From qbank's bnklog:
> REQUEST=COMMAND=make_reservation AUTH=maui MACHINE=hpc ACCOUNT=lc_seb USER=pap WCLIMIT=36000 PROCCOUNT=10 QOS=DEFAULT CLASS=[DEFAULT] NODETYPE=DEFAULT TYPE=maui JOBID=2548 JOBTYPE=job NODES=10
> REQUEST=COMMAND=remove_reservation AUTH=maui ACCOUNT=lc_seb JOBID=2548
> REQUEST=COMMAND=make_withdrawal AUTH=maui MACHINE=hpc ACCOUNT=lc_seb USER=pap WCTIME=852 PROCCOUNT=20 PROCCRATE=1.00 QOS=DEFAULT CLASS=[DEFAULT] NODETYPE= JOBID=2548 JOBTYPE=job NODES=10
>
> See how all of the withdrawal's PROCCOUNT are doubled?
>
> I don't have maui's logs since they are currently rotating too fast.

Now that I've slept on it, I guess the doubling PROCCOUNT might make sense if
Maui is accounting for the second processor on each node that can't be assigned
to another job (these are all dual proc nodes, and we dedicate nodes to jobs).

So I guess the question is... why is Maui withdrawing so often?

University of Southern California