[Mauiusers] Error, memory and swap values in checknode

yangda yangda at pku.org.cn
Wed Aug 25 19:58:24 MDT 2004

    Hi,all!
    I installed OpenPBS_2.3.16 and Maui_3.2.6p9 on two HP rx2600 IA64
machines.
    One machine has 2G Mem and 2G Swap, while the checknode showed MEM
257G and SWAP 257G. How to change them to right values?
    Another Newbie guestion. The DISK Value showed 1M. I haven't found
how to change it in the "Administrator's Guide". Does maui get the value
directly from the system or can get from config files?
    Thanks a lot!

    The two machine:
rootnode: CPU 1G MHz,  Mem 2G, Swap 2G
node1: CPU 1G MHz,  Mem 1G, Swap 2G

    The "nodes" config file of PBS is modified as:
rootnode:ts np=2
node1:ts np=2

    When I run "checknode rootnode" error occurs. The MEM and SWAP
showed 257G:
$checknode rootnode
Configured Resources: PROCS: 2  MEM: 257G  SWAP: 257G  DISK: 1M
Utilized   Resources: [NONE]
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]
Opsys:       DEFAULT  Arch:       linux
    When run "checknode node1" it seems right:
$checknode node1
Configured Resources: PROCS: 2  MEM: 1023M  SWAP: 2136M  DISK: 1M
Utilized   Resources: [NONE]
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]
Opsys:       DEFAULT  Arch:       linux