[Mauiusers] Not honouring PBS ppn=2?

Catherine Pitt cen1001 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 01:37:42 MDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:00 am, Catherine Pitt wrote:
>
> > So far I've tried setting
> >
> > JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY        EXACTNODE
>
> Hmm, we're using that with a recent 3.2.6p9 snapshot and with moab and it
> seems to work OK for us.
>
> Not a lot of help I guess, but at least you're on the right track.  Silly
> question, but you have stopped maui with schedctl -k and restarted it ?

Yes; showconfig is telling me it really is set to EXACTNODE.

I have changed version to 3.2.6p7 and the problem seems to have gone away
for the moment, and my other problem with the swap hasn't recurred.

> If not it'll be worth increasing the log level and see if you can see any
> evidence of it being read in and/or problems with it.

I think I'll try that on some test machines and see if I can get to the
bottom of this. Thanks for the advice!

Catherine

Dr Catherine Pitt      Computer Officer, Department of Chemistry
cen1001 at cam.ac.uk      University of Cambridge