[Mauiusers] Not honouring PBS ppn=2?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Aug 19 21:52:59 MDT 2004

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:00 am, Catherine Pitt wrote:

> So far I've tried setting
>
> JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY        EXACTNODE
>
> which has made no difference (though I wasn't really expecting it to
> because I think that would just stop maui allocating more ppn than I
> specified, not less).

Hmm, we're using that with a recent 3.2.6p9 snapshot and with moab and it
seems to work OK for us.

Not a lot of help I guess, but at least you're on the right track.  Silly
question, but you have stopped maui with schedctl -k and restarted it ?

You can check whether it's set or not with "showconfig", on the Maui cluster
I'm involved with at the moment I get:

# /usr/local/maui/bin/showconfig  | grep JOBNODEMATCH
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY[0]             EXACTNODE
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY[1]

Might be worth checking to see if you see the same.

If not it'll be worth increasing the log level and see if you can see any
evidence of it being read in and/or problems with it.

good luck!
Chris