[Mauiusers] Not honouring PBS ppn=2?

Catherine Pitt cen1001 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Aug 18 08:00:03 MDT 2004

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with Maui 3.2.6p9 when used with OpenPBS
2.3.16 on a cluster of dual processor machines. I submit jobs with

qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=2 myjob

ie the job requires both processors on one node. However Maui is assigning
two processors on different nodes if there isn't a whole node free. This
didn't happen with an older version of Maui I have (3.2.5). I can't use
that version because it has problems with the PBS on this cluster and swap
space.

So far I've tried setting

JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY        EXACTNODE

which has made no difference (though I wasn't really expecting it to
because I think that would just stop maui allocating more ppn than I
specified, not less).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Catherine

Dr Catherine Pitt      Computer Officer, Department of Chemistry
cen1001 at cam.ac.uk      University of Cambridge