[Mauiusers] Latest version for SuSE on PPC

Kevin McCombs mccombsk at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 9 15:02:53 MDT 2004

This 3.2.6p8...  Torque is installed....  all seems to go well up to this
point...

I noticed the configure script no longer asks questions like where the pbs
target directory is... Maybe this has something to do with my problem

Also, pbs_error.h and pbs_ifl.h DO exist, but  in /usr/local/pbs/include/

make -C src/moab all
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/maui-3.2.6/src/moab'
gcc -I../../include/ -I/usr/local/maui/include   -IFALSE/include   -DLINUX
-D__MPBS       -g -O2 -g -c MPBSI.c
MPBSI.c:66:23: pbs_error.h: No such file or directory
MPBSI.c:67:21: pbs_ifl.h: No such file or directory
MPBSI.c: In function `MPBSInitialize':
MPBSI.c:275: `PBS_SCHEDULER_SERVICE_NAME' undeclared (first use in this
function)
MPBSI.c:275: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
MPBSI.c:275: for each function it appears in.)
MPBSI.c:277: `PBS_SCHEDULER_SERVICE_PORT' undeclared (first use in this
function)
MPBSI.c: In function `MPBSWorkloadQuery':
MPBSI.c:594: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
MPBSI.c:597: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
MPBSI.c:620: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c: In function `__MPBSJobGetState':
MPBSI.c:836: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:839: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:839: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:841: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:841: `ATTR_state' undeclared (first use in this function)
MPBSI.c:841: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:841: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:841: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:841: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
MPBSI.c:841: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

This continues for quite awhile

Kevin.

             wightman at superclu
             ster.org
             08/09/2004 04:35          Kevin McCombs/Akron/IBM at IBMUS
                                       mauiusers at supercluster.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Mauiusers] Latest version for
                                       SuSE on PPC

To the best of our knowledge Maui, Moab and Torque should all be
compatible with Linux on any architecture.  We have tested the latest
versions of Moab and Torque on the PPC without any issues.  If you are
unable to compile Maui for PPC please send us the output of an
unsuccessful compile and we'll look into fixing that immediately.

If it successfully builds but fails to run please let us know the nature
of the errors and we'll look into those as well.

Thanks,

Douglas
Cluster Resources, INC.