[Mauiusers] NODEACCESSPOLICY

Fokke Dijkstra fokke at sara.nl
Mon Aug 9 09:01:14 MDT 2004

Hi,

I have some trouble with jobs requiring 2 processors per node. We are
running torque-1.0.1p6 and maui-3.2p8 on our cluster with dual Xeon
nodes.

When I submit a job with nnodes=2:ppn=2 it gets scheduled on three nodes
instead of two when a single cpu is still available on a node, even when
I have maui configured (like below) as:

NODEACCESSPOLICY      SHARED
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY    EXACTNODE

Since we try to force MPI jobs on dedicated nodes to allow cleanup
scripts to run this behaviour is not what we would like.

Does anybody know how to solve this?

Best wishes,

Fokke Dijkstra

mauiusers-bounces at supercluster.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please set the following parameters:
>
> JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY          EXACTNODE
> NODEACCESSPOLICY            SHARED
>

> Best regards,
>
> Danny
>
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 06:49:06PM -0400, Mike Smorul wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>  We're using OpenPBS w/ maui and trying to run only a single job/task
>> on a node unless overridden by a user. PBS and maui both know that
all
>> nodes are duel processor. For example:
>>
>> Requirements 'nodes=6:ppn=1' should allocate 6 nodes with only 1 task
per
>> node. Instead maui is allocating 3 nodes each with 2 tasks.
>>
>> Requirements 'nodes=6:ppn=2' should allocate 6 nodes w/ 2 tasks per
node. This works as
>> expected.
>>
>> It seems that setting NODEACCESSPOLICY to SINGLETASK should
accomplish this, but it does not.