[Mauiusers] NODEACCESSPOLICY[Scanned]

Arif Ali aali at ocf.co.uk
Fri Aug 6 11:28:40 MDT 2004

you need to put in the following variable into maui.cfg

JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY      EXACTNODE

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 23:49, Mike Smorul wrote:
> Hi,
>   We're using OpenPBS w/ maui and trying to run only a single job/task
> on a node unless overridden by a user. PBS and maui both know that all
> nodes are duel processor. For example:
>
> Requirements 'nodes=6:ppn=1' should allocate 6 nodes with only 1 task per
> node. Instead maui is allocating 3 nodes each with 2 tasks.
>
> Requirements 'nodes=6:ppn=2' should allocate 6 nodes w/ 2 tasks per
> node. This works as expected.
>
> It seems that setting NODEACCESSPOLICY to SINGLETASK should accomplish
> this, but it does not.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> -Mike Smorul
>   UMIACS Staff
Arif Ali
Software Engineer
OCF plc
Tel : 0114 257 2200
Fax : 0114 257 0022
Mobile : 07970 148122
Visit our website : <http://www.ocf.co.uk/>
This email including any attachments to it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Its
contents may be protected by copyright. If you are not the intended
recipient, please be advised that you have received this email in error
and that you should delete it from your system and not copy its contents
or disclose them to any other person. If you have received this email in
error please notify OCF plc by telephone on 0845 702 3829