[gold-users] Create action processed as Modify?

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Jan 17 10:33:09 MST 2013

Hi Allan,

I examined the code and I think I know what is going on here. It is likely
that you had previously created a DnList with the same primary keys and
then deleted it. When you delete an object instance in Gold, you do not
remove the object from the tables, you are merely marking a hidden Deleted
field to be True. When you try to run Create, it first looks to see if an
object with the same primary keys exists, and if so, it unsets the Deleted
field and adapts the old object into the new one with a Modify command. It
is possible that if the new object is exactly the same as the old one, that
the newly constructed Modify command will not have any assignments in it
and will fail. This would seem to be a bug.

If my assumptions are correct, you should be able to use the following
instead:

goldsh Action Create Object=DnList Name=Undelete

goldsh DnList Undelete User=='ngnedin' Dn='"/C==US/O=Some other Fake
Org/CN=Nickolay Y. Gnedin"'