[gold-users] Bug: configure.ac patch

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Oct 10 11:36:23 MDT 2012

On Tuesday, 09 October 2012, at 20:10:40 (+0200),
Jonas Juselius wrote:

> Ok. I'm not entirely sure how this works. I'm normally working with
> deb, and I'm not very familiar with building rpms.

That's okay.  It sounds like the ROCKS folks might not be either.
;-)

> I don't know how to make this work under the rocks build system,
> which generates the rpm:s from source. There is no reference to
> makeinstall anywhere under the rocks devel tree. The problem is easy
> enough to solve: I can configure and install like normal, and then
> generate a rpm from the install tree. Or, I can apply the patch, and
> the rocks builder will generate a working rpm for me ;)

We don't use ROCKS, so I'm not familiar with the ROCKS build system,
but if it has something that generates spec files, I suspect that tool
will need to be corrected.

If the spec file is already present (which is much more likely), it
merely needs to be changed as I outlined previously.

There's probably someone on the list who knows how the ROCKS build
system works and can offer pointers on how to correct the spec file
for Gold prior to building.

HTH,
Michael

--