[gold-users] Gold no longer working

Shade Alabsa shade34321 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 08:15:51 MDT 2012

So previously my database.user was root, and then postgres. Since the owner
of the gold table is gold I switched it to gold and it now looks like the
pastes below. Yet I'm stilling getting the same error message, just with a
different user name now, pasted below as well.

goldd.conf file -
   # Gold Client Config File
   super.user = root # was defined in previous goldd.conf file
   server.host = mgt.cluster.net
   server.port = 7112
   # server.backup = NONE
   database.datasource = DBI:Pg:dbname=gold;host=mgt.cluster.net
   database.user = gold
   database.password = DATABASE_PASSWORD

gold.conf -
   server.host = mgt.cluster.net
   server.port = 7112
   # server.backup = NONE
   database.datasource = DBI:Pg:dbname=gold;host=mgt.cluster.net
   database.user = gold
   database.password = DATABASE_PASSWORD

gold=# \d
                   List of relations
 Schema |             Name             | Type  | Owner
--------+------------------------------+-------+-------
 public | g_account                    | table | gold
 public | g_account_account            | table | gold

Error Message -
   [root at mgt gold]# sbin/goldd start
   Starting Gold Pid (25221)
   [root at mgt gold]# DBI connect('dbname=gold;host=mgt.cluster.net','gold
',...) failed: FATAL:  role "gold " does not exist at
/usr/local/gold/lib/Gold/Database.pm line 165

Do you feel like backing up the current database and reinstalling from
scratch might be a better idea? Thanks for the help!

Shade