[gold-users] Gold no longer working

Shade Alabsa shade34321 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 22:00:25 MDT 2012

Everything was ran as root, if needed I can go back and run ./configure as
a non root user. When I start gold I use /usr/local/gold/sbin/goldd, am I
supposed to be starting something else as well? In the old gold config
files the port was commented out so I commented it out as well, maybe this
is what's wrong with the socket error? Now I'm not getting that error right
now but I will keep it in mind if I get it again. I've always started goldd
as root, if the cluster happens to go down I have to restart it manually
since I haven't added it in the start up yet. I did check for a gold user
and it didn't exist yet when I check the postgresql database I can see two
users, postgres and gold. So I was unable to think of who else to run it
as, maybe postgres?

postgres-# \du
                               List of roles
 Role name | Superuser | Create role | Create DB | Connections | Member of
 gold      | no        | no          | no        | no limit    |
 postgres  | yes       | yes         | yes       | no limit    |
(2 rows)

Thanks!
Shade