[gold-users] Gold no longer working

Shade Alabsa shade34321 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:10:40 MDT 2012

So I recently upgraded my gold installation to Gold 2.2.0.5 and it's still
not workingBelow are the steps I took to upgrade it, please let me know if
I missed any steps and/or made any mistakes in my configuration. I did not
make the gold user since previously we ran all gold commands as root and I
decided to keep it the same. I went into the gold-2.2.0.4 direcotry and ran
the configure script with
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --with-db=Pg
    make
    make deps
    make install
    make auth_key
It was previously installed under /usr/local so I again I kept it the same
and I entered my secret key when prompted, to make sure I didn't mess that
up we'll say I used SSS.

I then edited /usr/local/gold/etc/goldd.conf and
/usr/local/gold/etc/gold.conf and edited them to look similar to what the
previous ones looked like. I essentially changed server.host to the host
name, mgt.cluster.net,  and database.datasource host part to reflect the
hostname as well. I then started to configure the database, since I was
using an existing database I didn't really do much in this section but to
note I wasn't able to edit /etc/postgresql/../.../pg_hba.conf since one
didn't exist there. I did a locate on the file and found it was located at
/var_lib_new/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf and I added this line
host all all 172.20.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust

172.20.0.1 is the internal IP address for our management node. I had the
same problem with postgresql.conf as well but this is the line I added to it

listen_addresses = 'mygoldserver,mgt.cluster.net'. Now I skipped the add
gold user as a database administrator and create the gold database since I
already had a database I wanted to use. I also skipped the web server setup
since we don't have a webserver set up.

Now to tie Gold into the system I edited /usr/local/maui/maui.cfg and added
this line

AMCFG[bank] TYPE=GOLD HOST=mgt.cluster.net SOCKETPROTOCOL=HTTP
WIREPROTOCOL=XML CHARGEPOLICY=DEBITALLWC JOBFAILUREACTION=IGNORE TIMEOUT=15

I took out the PORT part since it was commented out in the previous parts.
I also edited /usr/local/maui/maui-private.cfg and added this line, it was
empty before,

CLIENTCFG[AM:bank] KEY=SSS AUTHTYPE=HMAC64

This was getting gold to give this error message when I tried to use gusage

Aborting account statement: Failed sending message: (Unable to connect to
socket (Connection timed out)).

Now I'm getting this error

 DBI connect('dbname=gold;host=mgt.cluster.net','root',...) failed: FATAL:
 role "root" does  not exist at /usr/local/gold/lib/Gold/Database.pm line
165

Any help you can offer would be great! Thanks!!

Shade