[gold-users] Gold no longer working

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Jul 26 17:21:38 MDT 2012

What is your path to glsuser?

`which glsuser`

Is it /usr/local/gold/bin/glsuser or might there be another installation
that got partially installed?

Also, do you have GOLD_HOME in your environment.

`env | grep GOLD_HOME`

Perhaps this has been set or unset from what it was before.

Is there an /etc/gold.cfg?

What is the use lib path at the top of your glsuser file?

`grep 'use lib' `which glsuser``

use lib qw(/opt/gold-upgrade/lib /opt/gold-upgrade/lib/perl5);

This will tell you where the Gold.pm is that it is using.

>From the Gold.pm, it builds the location ($PREFIX)  for the auth_key file.

   # Set $PREFIX from Environment variable, Cfg File, or Hard-coded default

    if ($ENV{GOLD_HOME}) { $PREFIX = $ENV{GOLD_HOME}; }
    elsif (-e "/etc/gold.cfg")
    {
        my ($var, $val);
        open(ENV, "/etc/gold.cfg");
        while (<ENV>)
        {
            chomp;       # Remove trailing whitespace
            s/^\s+//;    # Remove leading whitespace
            s/\#.*//;    # Strip off comments
            next unless ($var, $val) = split("[= ]+", $_, 2);
            $ENV{$var} = $val;
        }
        $PREFIX = $ENV{GOLD_HOME};
    }