[gold-users] Can I fully delete account and its history (without undelete)?

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Jul 9 10:14:09 MDT 2012

Andrei,

When you say without undelete, I assume you are saying you don't want to be
able to use undelete to bring it back.
There is no support for this, since Gold is designed to maintain its
history always.

The only way to do this would be to use DELETE directly on the database in
the g_account, g_account_log, g_allocation, g_allocation_log and relevant
g_transaction (and maybe g_job and g_job_log) entries. After doing this,
your journals will be corrupted, so you will not be able to use gstatement
for any time further in the past than the most recent deletion.

I am planning to add an ability in Moab Accounting Manager to safely prune
history back to a certain point in time. I do not know for certain what
release this will be in yet.