[gold-users] Compilation aborted

Shade Alabsa shade34321 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:46:59 MDT 2012

I finally was able to start gold after having tons of problems. I imported
my backed up database into the gold database and when I run glsuser to see
if it was successful I get the error below.

[root at mgt scratch]# glsuser
Use of uninitialized value in -f at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Log/Dispatch/FileRotate.pm line 277.
Cannot write to '/usr/local//log/gold.log': Permission denied at
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Log/Dispatch/File.pm line 85.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/Gold.pm line 147.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/glsuser line 53.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/glsuser line 53.
[root at mgt scratch]#

Not quite sure what it means. Thanks for all the help!

Shade