[gold-users] Fwd: refunding reserved amount in gold

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Oct 14 12:22:29 MDT 2011

Are you using Moab, Maui or PBS as your scheduler? It should be removing the reservations for you when the job fails to start.

Before a job starts, the Scheduler or Resource Manager should be placing a reservation (hold) against your credits based on the wallclock limit of the job. This is not a charge, but a reservation. You probably have many reservations now preventing new jobs from running (these should be removed automatically by the scheduler). If these were expired reservations (older than the wallclock limit), you can remove these by running grmres -I. Otherwise, you can try grmres -n $jobId to remove all reservations for that job id.