[gold-users] Gold Allocation Manager doesn't run after Jobs completed

Kevin Van Workum vanw at sabalcore.com
Thu Nov 17 18:54:22 MST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Phan Toai Tuyn <pttuyn at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Dear All,
>
> This is the first time we deploy a cluster, so we don't have much
> experience. We, first and simultaneously, install Rocks 5.4 and Torque 5.4
> on head node. We create a mini cluster (in laboratory) with 02 compute
> nodes. With mini cluster, we can submit job, and it run on compute nodes.
> Then, we install and configure Gold 2.2.0.2 (we chose PostgreSQL database).
> Although we can successful implement all commands in Gold User's Guide (and
> via web-base manager tool), but when we submit a job and it run completely,
> we don't see anything that been changed in Job, Account, Charge, etc...
>
> There are something we can not understand, example: the user that we use
> "gmkuser" command doesn't exist in Cluster system, and vice versa, the user
> we use "useradd" command doesn't exist in Gold. Is this difference the main
> reason that make "we don't see anything that been changed in Job, Account,
> Charge, etc..."
>
> Please help me. We hope with your help, we can use Gold Allocation Manager
> to manage our resources better.

First, you need to use Torque's epilogue scripts to run gcharge when the
jobs complete, unless you're using Maui. I think Maui has some options to
do the gcharge. Then, you should use the same username when creating users
in Gold and on the OS to make things simpler.

> Thanks and regards
>
> Phan Toai Tuyn
>
> Institute for Computational Science and Technology, Ho Chi Minh, Viet Nam.
> IT group

Kevin Van Workum, PhD
Sabalcore Computing Inc.
Run your code on 500 processors.