[gold-users] Can Gold direct Maui to hold jobs?

Joey Jones joey at HPC.MsState.Edu
Thu May 19 12:39:17 MDT 2011

Scott,

Thanks, I do have a manual with that chapter. My config line was very
similar to that. I did have JOBFAILUREACTION set to ignore. It din't
change the behavior when I changed that to HOLD.

However, you did give me something to go on, and I was able to find a post
on the list from last summer from someone who was having similar problems.

As he had found, JFACTION worked at his installation. I looked through the
code and found the same. After replacing JOBFAILUREACTION with
JFACTION=DEFER, we are now seeing the behavior that we want.

Thanks again Scott.

-Joey

Joey B. Jones
HPC2 Systems And Network Administration