[gold-users] Gold Allocation Manager with Oracle

Mehmet Soysal mehmet.soysal at kit.edu
Tue May 10 08:40:38 MDT 2011

Hi,
could you share your modifications, cause i think there could be more
people which are interested in it.

Thanks in advance
M.Soysal
> Hello,
> I have done it here at NCAR (Boulder, Colorado) for our Gold installation.  It did require quite a bit of modification to the Gold Perl code to get it to work.  Gold will only work out of the box with PostgreSQL and MySQL.  There are a number of SELECT statements executed by Gold that are not compatible with Oracle.
> Thanks,
> -Ingmar Thompson WEG/CISL/NCAR
> On 05/10/2011 05:29 AM, Mehmet Soysal wrote:
> Hi,
> has anyone a setup with a Oracle DB and GOLD.
> At the moment im running the Gold installation with a local mysql DB, but we have here a well maintained Oracle installation and im thinking of moving GOLD database into it.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible without running into huge problems.
>
> BTW: www.clusterresources.com<http://www.clusterresources.com>  is not reachable, is this temporary?
> Where can i download gold tarballs?
>
> MfG
> M.Soysal

Mehmet Soysal
Scientific Computing and Services (SCS)

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
Zirkel 2, Gebäude 20.21, Raum 206
D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel. : +49 721 608-46347
Fax  : +49 721 32550
Email: Mehmet.Soysal at kit.edu
WWW : http://www.scc.kit.edu

KIT - Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und
nationales Forschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft