[gold-users] 答复: Getting Project metadata into Gold

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Mar 23 10:22:27 MDT 2011

Chris is correct in saying that the standard solution for this is to use the Torque submit filter. This is not a qsub wrapper as it appears you are using (where a wrapper script calls the real qsub), but internal functionality in qsub which calls a filter script to check/rewrite the submit args. This is the perfect place to do what you are asking for without renaming qsub or skirting it in any way. If the project is not specified, you can write it to spit out an informative message and either reject the job submission, put the job on hold, or whatever. Wei is using a similar functionality for LSF when he showed how he did it in esub (the LSF job submission filter -- not wrapper). FYI, it is also possible in gold to set default projects for users in Gold so if they do not specify a project (account in Torque), it will take their default. It is also possible to set up a global default project in Gold. Wei correctly noted that the gquote command is probably your best mechanism within the job submit filter to sanity check the submission and verify sufficient funds. I sometimes also recommend a gbalance at this time so you can warn them if this job submission brings them within say 5x of their limit.