[gold-users] The factor scale between different CPU

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Mar 23 10:03:22 MDT 2011

Hi Wei,

That depends completely on yourself -- how do you want it to charge? From my experience, most people do not consider cpu speed in the equation. The equation is usually processors times seconds. But assuming you pass the CPU speed into Gold, it is easy to take it into account. Let's say you have CPU speeds of 5, 10, and 20 -- with 10 being the normal. You could pass in the factor CPUSpeed in with the job property information and create a VBM charge factor called CPUSpeed with the rate of .1, so that 5 would multiply the charge by 1/2, 10 would be no modification and 20 would double the charge. It really just depends on the site and what they want to charge. Each one is different.