[gold-users] 答复: Getting Project metadata into Gold

Jonathan Mills jonmills at renci.org
Mon Mar 21 13:31:07 MDT 2011

Chris,

Thanks for that.  I wasn't aware of the submit filter, and I think it's
a good option for us to try out.  I still would like to see a way to do
some input validation on the front end, to the qsub command.  Right now
I have a "qsub.pl" perl script which does just that, prior to passing
the args along to the real qsub command.  My other problem now is that
this is inadequate for users who submit jobs via Globus or Condor.  My
qsub.pl script will print a nice error to stderr if they use an invalid
account/project.  But that stderr doesn't make it back up to
Globus/Condor, and so the user would get an error and not know why.  I'm
not yet sure how to address it...