[gold-users] problem in creating gold Organization

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Jan 27 11:55:22 MST 2011

Hello Vaishu,

I think vaibhav was assuming you were running from within the goldsh command.

For example,

scottmo at mana:/software/gold-2.2$ goldsh
gold> Organization Create Name="Test User 1"
Successfully created 1 Organization
gold> q

If you want to run from the shell, you have to put two layers of quotes around the command since the shell itself will strip off one of the layers when it processes the command.

scottmo at mana:/software/gold-2.2$ goldsh Organization Create Name="'Test User 2'"
Successfully created 1 Organization

(This is single quotes on the inside, and double quotes on the outside. The reverse should work as well).