[gold-users] Gold daemon hanging

Vaishu .... vaishalidolas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:08:46 MST 2011

*Hi,*
*

          I am facing an issue with gold. Gold daemon is hanging and then no
gold commands are working.
The issue was found was with log file (gold.log and goldd.log). It seems to
having issue with file lock.
Currently both log files are in central location. so my question is :
1. ) Is it possible for us to keep the log files locally?
2. ) Which all user write to gold.log and goldd.log, whether its only the
gold user or all the users who are running jobs ?
As a temporary solution currently what I  do is kill all gold commands which
are hanged, remove the gold.LCK file, rotate gold.log and goldd.log and
start the gold process.
Please suggest workaround or solution for such issue,
Any kind of input is appreciated.

*
             Best Regards,
             Vaishali Dolas