[gold-users] Same gold database and Multiple Server

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Dec 21 10:19:11 MST 2011

Dheeraj,

No, you should not need to recreate the tables.

The MySQL database, prior to version 5.5.5, does not use a transaction safe storage engine by default. You must configure your MySQL server to use a transaction-safe storage engine such as InnoDB . This can be accomplished by setting the parameter default-storage-engine = INNODB in your my.cnf file under the [mysqld] section and restarting mysql.

For example:

# vi /etc/mysql/my.cnf
[mysqld]
default-storage-engine = INNODB

Other options include using the --default-storage-engine= INNODB server startup option, or altering all of your Gold tables to specify the INNODB storage engine (i.e. ALTER TABLE t ENGINE = INNODB ).

To see what storage engines are supported, which support transactions and which one is currently
being used as the default use the "show engines" command at the mysql prompt:

mysql> show engines;
| Engine | Support | Comment | Transactions | XA | Savepoints |
| InnoDB | YES | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and foreign keys | YES | YES | YES |
| MyISAM | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great performance | NO | NO | NO |

Future releases of Gold will include this step in the installation instructions.