[gold-users] Create a custom string attribute with fixed size.

Scott Jackson scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com
Sun Aug 14 22:01:42 MDT 2011

Gold defines only a few simple datatypes such as Integer, String, TimeStamp, etc. It does not provide a means to specify the string size (the size of 1024 is set in configure.ac). If this is crucial to you, you would have to either create it manually in the database (which would require a strong knowledge of Gold internals) or perhaps you could do an alter table to change the datatype if your database permits it (more likely you would create a new column of the desired size, do some renames, data copying and deleting).