[gold-users] Default projects for users

Steve Crusan scrusan at ur.rochester.edu
Wed Sep 22 14:50:36 MDT 2010

Scott,

    This is the query which is causing the project/account to be set to the
reserve account (see the >>>):

SELECT g_account.g_id AS g_id,g_account_project.g_name AS
g_name,g_account_user.g_name AS g_name,g_account_machine.g_name AS g_name
FROM g_account, g_account_user, g_account_project, g_account_machine,
g_allocation WHERE ( g_allocation.g_account=g_account.g_id AND
g_account_project.g_account=g_account.g_id AND
g_account_user.g_account=g_account.g_id AND
g_account_machine.g_account=g_account.g_id AND
g_allocation.g_call_type='Normal' AND
g_allocation.g_start_time<='1285184623' AND
g_allocation.g_end_time>'1285184623' AND  ( ( (
g_account_project.g_name='ANY' AND g_account_project.g_access='True' )  OR
g_account_project.g_access='True' ) )  AND  ( ( g_account_user.g_name='ANY'
AND g_account_user.g_access='True' )  OR  ( g_account_user.g_name='vchaban'
AND g_account_user.g_access='True' )  OR  ( g_account_user.g_name='MEMBERS'
AND g_account_user.g_access='True' ) )  AND  ( (
g_account_machine.g_name='ANY' AND g_account_machine.g_access='True' )  OR
( g_account_machine.g_name='bhsn-int.bluehive.crc.private' AND
g_account_machine.g_access='True' )  OR  (
g_account_machine.g_name='MEMBERS' AND g_account_machine.g_access='True' ) )
)  ) AND g_account.g_deleted!='True' AND g_account_user.g_deleted!='True'
AND g_account_project.g_deleted!='True' AND
g_account_machine.g_deleted!='True' AND g_allocation.g_deleted!='True';

This seems to me that the when the new user is being properly added to an
account. I can find the user in the g_project_user SQL table, as well as the
g_user table, and in both of them the default project is set correctly.

On 9/22/10 3:42 PM, "Scott Jackson" <scottmo at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:

> OK, now everything seems pretty self-consistent now. Let me try to understand
> the problem better. After you made your modifications are you still having the
> problem?

You said:

Whenever I run a
> job (We don¹t have our users run use
> the ­A pbs directive), the user¹s job is
> always charged to the fallback
> account (reserve). Other users that I have
> created in the past via a large
> import script correctly use their default
> project, and not the Œfallback¹
> account.

If you are still seeing a problem, please review the goldd.log so